Dragoon Base

Connecting the Troopers of Today with the Veterans of Yesterday.

Anyone know how to find the border caps we use to wear? they are not ball caps.

Views: 376

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Jeff

I happened upon a small box of the original border caps from my days at camp gates last year. I kept two but sent the rest to old friends and 2 cav vets I knew at the VFW.

If I find the other one I will reply again and send it to you 

try searching eBay for US Army OD COMBAT Patrol Hat or any such words. The Border tabs on top of the rank are harder to come by.  Good Luck  Roger


Try the website below.  Genuine military issue w/earflaps, US company. Not a plug, I have not purchased anything from this company.


Thanks... I recently was going through a phase of nostalgia and picked up a M65 looking field jacket from Proper that is a pretty decent copy, just not as heavy, and a "patrol cap". Problem is, their caps don't have the ear flaps. I'll order one of these now.  




This was the third design of the 2d Cavalry DUI, worn from 1924-1931. The sharp points on the ends of the bottom scroll again called for a redesign.


Machine Gun Troop, 2d Cavalry; Adjutant General.

© 2023   Created by Dave Gettman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service