Dragoon Base

Connecting the Troopers of Today with the Veterans of Yesterday.

I shared this on the 3/2 ACR site.  I thought I'd share it with the rest of the 2nd ACR vets.  Here's an article from Stars and Stripes dated April 9, 1979 about the 2nd ACR featuring Colonel Robert Wagner's philosophy of training.  I hope you're able to read this.  Excellent article.

Views: 1521

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I couldn't help but shed a tear when I was reading it. Looks like I gotta plan a road trip.

I met The Dueler 3 times. Saw him on maneuvers a least a dozen. He was always leading and he was fearless.
Last time I saw him was on CNN at the start of Desert Storm, he was a commentator . Out standing soldiers soldier.
Love the Stars and Stripes articles! I was there as brand new Tank Commander. They gave me a Tank that had gone over the side of bridge the previous year. It was like " Here is your 1st command Sgt. Sellner" no fenders , suspension broken , no drivers escape hatch. You have three weeks to gunnery. Have it battle ready. And I had a driver"Mike Hunt" and a loader " I can see his face ,but cannot remember his name". They were good guys and we worked hard together and with pride and it was ready and rolled. Lot of long days in that motor pool. We took top gun in B Troop shooting a 3 man that year. They even gave me a target on the wild hog I shot using the the thermals. What the dueler forgot to say was that behind every good platoon leader were excellent Sargeants. The successful Officers listened to there noncoms and let the Platoon Sgt. Handle the details. I wish I could do a lot of it all over again? To be young and fearless. In the company of exceptional men.

No mission to difficult!
No Sacrifice to Great!
Always ready Sir!

Tojours Pret!

RSS

Events

Colonels of the Regiment

7th Colonel of the Regiment John P. Hatch

26 June 1881 - 9 January 1886

Sponsors

2d DRAGOONS

This was the third design of the 2d Cavalry DUI, worn from 1924-1931. The sharp points on the ends of the bottom scroll again called for a redesign.

MEMORABILIA

Machine Gun Troop, 2d Cavalry; Adjutant General.

© 2017   Created by Robb Russell.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service