Dragoon Base

Connecting the Troopers of Today with the Veterans of Yesterday.

OK Brothers...I guess this is more of a question than the title of a thread. I know Black Horse has one primarily based in Cal. Probably because they OPFOR at NTC. Anyone know if our Brothers started one?

Views: 1130

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Dave,I was pres. of a local club for quite a few years but had to give it up,just could not find time for it anymore.Our abriviation was ARC ,All Riders Club. Close to ARomed Cav. Good luck on your mission TP
Not much into clubs but I would ride with the Cav again. I sport a nice 2nd cav patch on my vest to represent my partners.

I will keep my eyes on this.
I ride an ’06 Harley Street Bob and have attended the GettysBurg Bike week, as well as Rolling Thunder in DC (last year I rode at the tail end!)… I bought a vest at one of the shows, and over time put some of the patches significant to me onto the vest… among those I hold close are POW/MIA, the 2ND ACR insignia (a full color patch I found at an event) and the crossed sabers above my name tag.
If any brothers are ever in the area during Bike Week… I’d consider it a privilege to ride with you.
Count me in. I ride a FJR right now. I have done several multi-day rides including 1,000 miles in 16 hours.
Damn Hoss! That's some serious riding.
I'm ready let's patch up and do it! I got a custom I built and I'm in Texas. I'm pretty sure we could cover all 50 states!
Don't think so, but sounds like an idea. Got a couple of us in Colorado Springs.
Love to start a 2 CAV club, let me know if you need any help I am located in S. FL.

I'm like Robin, not into clubs but I too would ride with my Cav brothers. Was a scout in K-Trp.

Amberg 1975-78. I don't have a vest but will get one if I had a 2nd Cav patch.

I live in Cincinnati,Oh. E-Mail siacobucci@cinci.rr.com.

Lets do it. I'm in Shawnee,Ks.

I think I can speak for Todd when I say, Todd Melcher and I (Homer Galloway) are ready to ride here in Colorado Springs, CO. 

We were both in Hco 2nd Squadron 2nd Armored Cavalry Regiment, Bamberg, Germany, 1974 - 1977.  We ride as often as we can and for any cause to help someone. 

I am a member of Patriot Guard Riders and when I can, I ride support with them, Memorials, Send Offs, Welcome Homes, Wounded Warrior Socials, etc.  I also (when I can and don’t get the flu just before departure) ride a few legs of Run For The Wall.  

We have rode Poker Runs, Toy Runs, and other biker events with members of Sons of Silence MC, Combat Veterans, Bandidos MC, Bikers Against Child Abuse, Soldiers For Jesus MC, VFW Warriors, Geezers MC, Gringo's MC.  We wear our patches, Todd wears Special Forces patch and rockers and I wear a simple Fallen Heroes patch.  The only territory we claim is the seat of our bikes, our little stretch of road and America.  Gotten to know many of those members and have never had any problems with any of them.  Lets Ride.  Toujours Pret, Always Ready!

I say we tat that shit on our old bald heads ! I was with williams l troop 80-82 I am riding up to his hut in Wash. state from phoenix !

RSS

Events

Colonels of the Regiment

8th Colonel of the Regiment Nelson B. Sweitzer 9 Jun 1886 – 29 Oct 1888

Sponsors

2d DRAGOONS

This was the third design of the 2d Cavalry DUI, worn from 1924-1931. The sharp points on the ends of the bottom scroll again called for a redesign.

MEMORABILIA

Machine Gun Troop, 2d Cavalry; Adjutant General.

© 2017   Created by Robb Russell.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service