Dragoon Base

Connecting the Troopers of Today with the Veterans of Yesterday.

I bought this on ebay about 6 years ago. My kids loved it--it was fun to drive around in during the summer. That's the only time I used it. It sits in the garage otherwise. I put less than 1000 miles on it since I have owned it. I had it tuned up and purchased new tires in the rear. It runs well, looks good--looks authentic. It's a real head-turner--people love it. I haven't registered it in a couple of years. The kids are getting older and I want to sell it to someone who would have as much fun with it as I have had. If you are interested and have any questions, drop me a line and we'll talk. I have $4000 into it, would like to get that much back, but we can talk. I have more pics that I can send you, if interested.

Views: 113

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Eric.
Where is it? Does it have the original VW no heat heater or the optional gas heater under the front hood? What shape is the floor pan in Original or replaced? Which engine 1600cc or something else?
I used to own one a '73' THING and had a ball with it. Even took it to Europe 1977-1980. Got more than a few head turns.

Cliff
Cliff,

Thanks for responding. I am in Schenectady NY--outside of Albany. It has the gas heater in place, but disconnected. The floor pan is original--in decent shape. It has the 1600cc engine. It has been modified to have the fat tires in the rear--the back fenders have been "bumped out" to fit the tires.
I posted the pics to help out Eric!-Robb

Thanks Robb!

I have more pics if anyone is interested.

RSS

Events

Colonels of the Regiment

9th Colonel of the Regiment David R. Clendenin 29 Oct 1888 – 2 Apr 1891

Sponsors

2d DRAGOONS

This was the third design of the 2d Cavalry DUI, worn from 1924-1931. The sharp points on the ends of the bottom scroll again called for a redesign.

MEMORABILIA

Machine Gun Troop, 2d Cavalry; Adjutant General.

© 2019   Created by Dave Gettman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service