Dragoon Base

Connecting the Troopers of Today with the Veterans of Yesterday.

Anyone else serve in 2nd Armored Cav in Amberg in '68-'69? 

Views: 917

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Steven,

I was in HQ Trp from Feb 66 to Aug 15, 1968. First worked in the Sqdn Maint PLL Office then in S-4 Office.

I was Adjutant after I was the S-4 officer. I remember your face. Mike Noftsger

Mike,

I think I can recall you as well. Memory brings a picture of you being a bit taller than Lt Harris, dark hair and glasses. If I am correct, then you made me Colonel's Orderly at Guard Mount one night. (which led to my re-enlistment).

Looked at your page. Several of us are trying to find (or would like to find) Fred Harris. Tommy Kilgore, A.J. Lorincz and myself among them.

Tommy Kilgore can be found on this site. he is still in Alabama working part time for an auto parts store. This thing takes abit of doing but if you work at it you can find some of the old gang. I stumbled on to Marty Freeman, Ed Paquette and several others from the personnel section. One of the guys wrote a book and I will send details when it hits the market. Mike

Yes sir, Tommy and I have been in touch via e-mail and here. Al Lorincz is also on here and facebook, he is in AZ. Still trying to locate Fred Harris.

I am on FB as well. Belong to 4 of the 2nd ACR Groups, USABOT and Order of the Cold War Spur Groups. I joined the Highland Cavalry Regiment Group due to my Scottish Heritage.

Frank

frank,
Do you remember Jack Tarvin? He was in HQ troop and personnel. He wrote a book that is great about our time there. It is titled, What did you do I the cold war after Daddy? And it can be found at Amazon for about 9 bucks. mike
Daddy?
I was with Iron Troop 68 to 70
Jack,
Do you remember Col. Osborn? Or Mike Foster? I followed Lt. Foster as Adjutant to Col. Osborn. I was Courts and Boards officer before I was Adj. Do you remember Maj. Tuttle? Capt. Murphy S-4? Mike Noftsger

No I don't remember Col. Osborn, but I think I remember seeing you around Mike

Jack,

I am sure Lt. Foster was the I Troop CO when you were there.  I was the Adj. until April '69 when I left Amberg for the states.    

Yes Ed Paquette 3rd recon division
Ed,
Glad to see you on board. Do you remember Frank Moseley,? Mike

RSS

Events

Colonels of the Regiment

8th Colonel of the Regiment Nelson B. Sweitzer 9 Jun 1886 – 29 Oct 1888

Sponsors

2d DRAGOONS

This was the third design of the 2d Cavalry DUI, worn from 1924-1931. The sharp points on the ends of the bottom scroll again called for a redesign.

MEMORABILIA

Machine Gun Troop, 2d Cavalry; Adjutant General.

© 2017   Created by Robb Russell.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service