Dragoon Base

Connecting the Troopers of Today with the Veterans of Yesterday.

Anyone else serve in 2nd Armored Cav in Amberg in '68-'69? 

Views: 1358

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds familiar, how about Cowden, freedman, Pirrung, Saucedo, Cournoyer ?
We were married in amberg June 7' 1967' many officers, em, attended, mariahilfberg

Yes, I remember Frank well.  I was S-4 before C and B and Adjutant.  

I arrived in July 69, and immediately whisked away to Camp May on the border. For the next 9 months I was a Platoon Leader in K Troop.

Lt. Smith. Sorry, but we just missed each other in Amberg. I left in March '69. Was Lt. Topping and Lt. Bishop still with K Troop? Also 1SG Folger? Great time with great people. Thanks for responding.
I was in amberg 1967 to 1968 in 3rd recon div personnel

Ed; Do you remember Sp 4 Greg Griffith (or Griffin) or Spec 4 Halpern.  They were both in Personnel when I was in 3/2 Troop K in '68. Good to hear from you, although I am not certain I remember you, without a picture. It has been a few years.

yes I remember Halpern and we just had a reunion in Haverhill MA, previous one was in Ft Worth Texas hosted by Jack Tarvin, Marty Freedman, Dave Cowden, Joe Cournoyer, Roy Pirrung, Strittmatter, are some names I remember, next reunion is in Oregon in 2016, we had 10 veterans attend in 2014.  Ed Paquette we were all in Personnel HQ 3rd Recond 2nd AC

How great that you had a reunion.  The only one that I have kept in contact with from 3/2 is Loren Krebs, Company Clerk from I Troop. Take care

Do you remember Lt Foster?  

I really do not. What troop?

I tropp.  I replaced him as Adjutant in 1968 and ran Lt.Col.'s Creuziger and Osborn until I left in April 1969.

RSS

Colonels of the Regiment

9th Colonel of the Regiment David R. Clendenin 29 Oct 1888 – 2 Apr 1891

Sponsors

2d DRAGOONS

This was the third design of the 2d Cavalry DUI, worn from 1924-1931. The sharp points on the ends of the bottom scroll again called for a redesign.

MEMORABILIA

Machine Gun Troop, 2d Cavalry; Adjutant General.

© 2021   Created by Dave Gettman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service