Dragoon Base

Connecting the Troopers of Today with the Veterans of Yesterday.

Anyone else serve in 2nd Armored Cav in Amberg in '68-'69? 

Views: 893

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Steven,

I was stationed in Amberg from January, 1968 through August 1969 but I don't know if our paths ever crossed.  I started in L Troop but had some medical issues culminating in a variety of light duty assignments including Unit Police, Reenlistment Clerk, Post Office Clerk, Post Gymnasium Manager and M Troop Clerk.

My wife was with me and we lived in the new apartment building across the street from the dependent housing and officers quarters adjacent to the side gate.

Looking at Google Earth and YouTube, much has changed.

Phil...

Hi Steve.  I was in M Troop (later M Co) during 1968 into late '69.  Levied to Vietnam in November '69.  I was the M Co. Como Chief.  --- Tom

I was in I troop from 68 to 68. Mechanic.

I was in HQ -do you remember anyone in HQ?  Lt. Noftsger?  we're having a reunion in 2018 if interested in Stowe Vermont.  Ed Paquette 1967-1968

Ed,

Mike Nofstger is a member here at Dragoon Base, but hasn't posted anything in over a year. You can find him on Facebook also.

Dave, I have been using another Cav site and FB for most of the time.  I am still looking for Sgt. Masters and Marquardt from the Adjutant's office.  Anyone know about either of them?  

Roger that, Mike. Just letting Ed know you were still alive and well.

Sorry, not a clue on Masters and Marquardt.

Hi Steve, it's Greg Griffith.  Amazing to be in touch after 48 yrs.  Hope you have been well.  Send me a note at:

wonderdog@cfl.rr.com   and lets catch up.  All the best.  Greg

Good idea to check in at our age make sure we're still alive

Absolutely. Too often around here when you don't hear from someone for awhile, they have PCS'd to Fiddler's Green.

RSS

Events

Colonels of the Regiment

7th Colonel of the Regiment John P. Hatch

26 June 1881 - 9 January 1886

Sponsors

2d DRAGOONS

This was the third design of the 2d Cavalry DUI, worn from 1924-1931. The sharp points on the ends of the bottom scroll again called for a redesign.

MEMORABILIA

Machine Gun Troop, 2d Cavalry; Adjutant General.

© 2017   Created by Robb Russell.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service