Dragoon Base

Connecting the Troopers of Today with the Veterans of Yesterday.

I am trying to locate Troopers who were in Iraq in April 2004, and were involved in the assault on Al Kut to retake it from the Mahdi Army. The purpose of this is that I am working on a book about this event in the war. I was not in 2nd ACR, I was in G Troop 2BDE 1AD, but I remember seeing 2nd ACR soldiers there and I wanted to include their stories. If you were there, please contact me.

Views: 30

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Might want to contact BG Brad May, as he was the Regimental Colonel at the time. Nobody would know any more than him.

He is currently in Iraq as Director, Iraq Training and Advisory Team, United States Forces-Iraq, Operation Iraqi Freedom. Sorry but I don't have any direct contact information for him.

There should be a trooper or two floating around here also. If you don't get any action , add another comment here to this thread to get it back up to the top of the subjects again.

Good luck with your book, and thanks for your service and what you are doing.

RSS

Colonels of the Regiment

7th Colonel of the Regiment John P. Hatch

26 June 1881 - 9 January 1886

Sponsors

2d DRAGOONS

This was the third design of the 2d Cavalry DUI, worn from 1924-1931. The sharp points on the ends of the bottom scroll again called for a redesign.

MEMORABILIA

Machine Gun Troop, 2d Cavalry; Adjutant General.

© 2017   Created by Robb Russell.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service