Dragoon Base

Connecting the Troopers of Today with the Veterans of Yesterday.

Does anyone know where CPT Noles is today? He was our commander in 1974-1975 with B Troop 1/2 ACR in Binlach, Germany.

Views: 160

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Last time I saw him he was COL Noles, commander of 3d Brigade Combat Team 3d Armored Division in Friedberg Germany. That was about '88 or '89. He was nominated for a star after that and I think he went to Fort Knox. The current Joint Chief of Staff GEN Dempsey is also a Bindlach vet. He was my battalion commander in 4-67 Armor in Friedberg when I retired. He and his wife Dinni attended our wedding.

If my research is correct ... you will find your answer in the About the Author section.

http://www.amazon.com/Mighty-Sacrifice-Destruction-American-Squadro...

Image of James L. Noles

James L. "Jim" Noles, Jr., is a partner in the Environmental & Natural Resources Section of Balch & Bingham, LLP, in Birmingham, Alabama.

An Army brat and former Army officer, he is a graduate of the United States Military Academy at West Point and the University of Texas School of Law. To date, his books have covered a variety of non-fiction subjects. His articles have appeared in such diverse publications as the New York Times, the Philadelphia Inquirer, the Chicago Tribune, the Birmingham News, Smithsonian Air & Space, Preservation, Urban Land, Continental, Executive Traveler, Alabama Heritage, Mental Floss, and America's Civil War.

Jim resides in Mountain Brook, Alabama, with his wife Elizabeth and sons James and John. He sits on the Board of Directors of the Alabama Humanities Foundation and on the Board of Trustees of the Alabama School of Fine Arts. His website is www.jimnoles.com and you can follow him on Twitter at www.twitter.com/mightyby.

GOOD RESEARCH, DAN!

Actually, the picture shown is of his son.  LTC James "Jimmie" Noles commanded 1st Battalion, 37th Armor in Katterbach, Germany from 1982 - 84 and went on to command the brigade in Friedberg when he got promoted to full bird.  As I recall, he was a hands-off type of commander, relying heavily on his S-3, CPT Tom "Big Bird" Goedkoop to make things happen.  The battalion had a good reputation under his command and was always where it needed to be at the time it was supposed to be.  Can't offer any higher praise than that!

RSS

Events

Colonels of the Regiment

8th Colonel of the Regiment Nelson B. Sweitzer 9 Jun 1886 – 29 Oct 1888

Sponsors

2d DRAGOONS

This was the third design of the 2d Cavalry DUI, worn from 1924-1931. The sharp points on the ends of the bottom scroll again called for a redesign.

MEMORABILIA

Machine Gun Troop, 2d Cavalry; Adjutant General.

© 2017   Created by Robb Russell.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service