Dragoon Base

Connecting the Troopers of Today with the Veterans of Yesterday.

SOLD OUT. SORRY.

I've had a few inquiries lately about my 2d Cavalry beer glass, so I decided to have some custom made. I should have them in about two weeks and there will be a limited quantity available (30). Anyone interested can leave a message here. First come, first served.

The glass itself will be different than the one pictured here, but the logo will be the same (I hope), satin etched into the glass. It is a 16 oz. Grand Pilsner glass, and will go for about $15.95 + S&H.

Several of you should have your 2d Dragoon glasses by now, and more are on the way. Now it is time to pay dues of ownership.

From time to time I will be listing some names. These are very special names, very honored names, yet sadly unknown or forgotten names. These men not only served honorably and gallantly as 2d Dragoons, they died during the performance of that service.

When I post these names and you should happen upon them, at your own leisure, in your own way, please join me in filling your glass and paying tribute to these troopers who gave their all for our freedom and our country.

Say each man's name aloud and thank him for his service, his bravery, his sacrifice. Feel him watching you so that his memory may live on and his honorable deed not be forgotten.

You have your mission.

Dismissed!

Views: 402

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

My pleasure, John. Thanks for letting me know it arrived safe and sound.

Now it is time to pay dues of ownership.

From time to time I will be listing some names. These are very special names, very honored names, yet sadly unknown or forgotten names. These men not only served honorably and gallantly as 2d Dragoons, they died during the performance of that service.

When I post these names and you should happen upon them, at your own leisure, in your own way, please join me in filling your glass and paying tribute to these troopers who gave their all for our freedom and our country.

Say each man's name aloud and thank him for his service, his bravery, his sacrifice. Feel him watching you so that his memory may live on and his honorable deed not be forgotten.

You have your mission.

Dismissed!

Always Ready!

I am aware that I had a most fortunate experience with the 2nd Dragoons, and that others did not share in my good fortune and served in other more dangerous times. The troopers who serve in warfare have my ultimate respect, and members of the 2nd Dragoons who go to Fiddlers Green will have my thanks, gratitude and a

solemn tip o' the glass.

They deserve no less.

a tip o' the glass, to you my friend. I hope you will be offering your valuable time and efforts to alot of us old fart 2nd Dragoon members for a long time to come.

Remember Your Regiment, and

Follow Your Officers!

Tojours Pret!  

Thank you, John.
Dave, thought i'd already responded, got mine and have it displayed in our curio cabinet!
Roger that, Sigmund. Probably slipped by me.
Only the best for the best troopers.
Dave, if it isn't too late, count me in for a glass.  Paypal if you please.
Done deal, Jerry. Thanks for your support.

Got mine today. Thanks brother!!! We will only drink two when you get over here. The first and the last, anything in between doesn't count.

Ha ha ha! You got that right, brother!!

Sigmund, Please

Git that glass outta the curio cabinet and git to pouring some bier in it.

Please?

At least once?

Dave,

I hope that you will make arrangements to have some of these glasses available in the near future.

I would like to put in for a couple of more of them, not for me, but as gifts to some of the buddies of mine that

this site has allowed me to re-connect with. This is a selfish act on my part, I want to re-invigorate our friendships and

brotherhood with a gift of respect and fellowship and as a means to have a mutual tip o' the glass from time to time.

Un fortunately as a working stiff I can't afford them right now, but soon.

Whaddya think?

john boyd

RSS

Colonels of the Regiment

8th Colonel of the Regiment Nelson B. Sweitzer 9 Jun 1886 – 29 Oct 1888

Sponsors

2d DRAGOONS

This was the third design of the 2d Cavalry DUI, worn from 1924-1931. The sharp points on the ends of the bottom scroll again called for a redesign.

MEMORABILIA

Machine Gun Troop, 2d Cavalry; Adjutant General.

© 2018   Created by Robb Russell.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service