Dragoon Base

Connecting the Troopers of Today with the Veterans of Yesterday.

Does anyone a 2nd ACR guidon? Where can one be obtained and how is it supposed to look? I was HHT 2nd ACR and would like a guidon to reflect that.

Thanks

LG

Views: 484

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The bumper numbers are from my unit in Nam which was Americal Div, 14th Avn Bat, 71st Assault Helicopter Co. Gunships were the Firebirds and the slicks were the Rattlers. I know, ideally all should match and represent one unit but, I wanted to show the truck in Vietnam era equipment, radios (RT246), ANGRR5 and dressed as a gun truck which would not have been used by the 71st either, we used M37's as utility flight line trucks, hauling parts around. I also wanted to represent my 16 months with 2nd ACR, most people non GI or not educated on unit designations etc. would not know the difference. I do explain to people who ask when I show the truck. I built the 50 a couple of years ago, semi auto conversion, I remove the bolt etc. leaving on the barrel extension to screw the barrel into when I display it at cruiseins and car shows. Never had anything but positive comments from local law enforcement. I've shot it once this summer, not on the truck, mounted on the M3 tripod at 300 yds, runs fine. It's not mount on a ring, it's on the M23 pedestal which is mounted to the front of the bed rail and the floor, mount is made for the M37.

Normally my Guidon will be displayed in my home office. I'm looking for a reasonably priced staff for it know. May have to fabricate one but will still need the spear point.

The only staffs I've seen were quite spendy. I wanted one for my guidon until I saw the prices for them.

Amen. It may have to hang in a picture frame.

Lawrence,

here is a place to check, out not sure how much you want to spend for a staff but its a start http://www.united-states-flag.com/guidon-pole-set-7ft.html?utm_sour... and here is just the spear tip maybe you could make your own staff.http://www.usflagstore.com/Army_Guidon_Spear_Indoor_Flag_Pole_Ornam... good luck, Shannon.

RSS

Events

Colonels of the Regiment

8th Colonel of the Regiment Nelson B. Sweitzer 9 Jun 1886 – 29 Oct 1888

Sponsors

2d DRAGOONS

This was the third design of the 2d Cavalry DUI, worn from 1924-1931. The sharp points on the ends of the bottom scroll again called for a redesign.

MEMORABILIA

Machine Gun Troop, 2d Cavalry; Adjutant General.

© 2018   Created by Robb Russell.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service