Dragoon Base

Connecting the Troopers of Today with the Veterans of Yesterday.

This can be a place to talk of all things gun related. I think we have a lot of knowledge of guns on this site. And this could be a place to share that knowledge.This can be a place to ask opinions of various guns, ask for help with a problems related to guns or just talking about shooting in general.

Views: 15021

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The thing is, the whole reason behind adopting a new weapon for the military was to incorporate something with more stopping power than the 9mm. The M9 was a perfectly good weapon.

Well Dave you know as well as I do that we should go back to the .45ACP if it was stopping power the Army is looking for. I think I read some where that one of the primary reasons for going with the 9mm back then. is that all of our allies use 9mm and the U.S. military wanted to be uniform with NATO for logistical reasons. I believe that we where the only ones using .45ACP. That being said the Colt 1911 did need to be upgraded they were aging pretty fast and had no rail system. I am not sure if the later versions of the M9 had a rail system. My newer Kimber 1911 does have a rail system, and I am sure the new Sigs do. That could be a factor for changing manufacturers Who knows for sure.

RSS

Events

Colonels of the Regiment

8th Colonel of the Regiment Nelson B. Sweitzer 9 Jun 1886 – 29 Oct 1888

Sponsors

2d DRAGOONS

This was the third design of the 2d Cavalry DUI, worn from 1924-1931. The sharp points on the ends of the bottom scroll again called for a redesign.

MEMORABILIA

Machine Gun Troop, 2d Cavalry; Adjutant General.

© 2017   Created by Robb Russell.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service