Dragoon Base

Connecting the Troopers of Today with the Veterans of Yesterday.

Happy Independence Day USA 2013

Toujours Pret 

To all of my online Second Cav Buddies 

Robb Russell
HHT 3/2 ACR Amberg 77-79 

Independence day in the United States of America is a federal holiday to commemorate July 4, 1776, the day on which America adopted the Declaration of Independence that was drafted by Thomas Jefferson. This historically significant document was adopted just two days after the Continental Congress famously and unanimously voted for independence from the British rule on July 2, 1776.

Read what John Adams had to say about celebrating Independence Day In The United States. This was a god fearing man. 

We are a nation built with Christian beliefs. 

John Adams Signatory Of The Declaration Of Independence thoughts on how he thought we we should cerebrate Independence Day aka the Fourth of July In the United States 

It ought to be commemorated, as the Day of Deliverance by solemn Acts of Devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with Pomp and Parade, with Shews, Games, Sports, Guns, Bells, Bonfires and Illuminations from one End of this Continent to the other from this Time forward forever more. You will think me transported with Enthusiasm but I am not. I am well aware of the Toil and Blood and Treasure, that it will cost Us to maintain this Declaration, and support and defend these States. Yet through all the Gloom I can see the Rays of ravishing Light and Glory. I can see that the End is more than worth all the Means. And that Posterity will triumph in that Days Transaction, even altho We should rue it, which I trust in God We shall not.

http://www.uswildlifecontrol.com/2013/07/happy-independence-day-usa...

Views: 44

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

thanks for the great post Robb. Too bad Acts of Devotion to God Almighty are verboten.

Thanks Robb,   good post ,it should be on the front page of all news media as a reminder .... "Toujours Pret"

RSS

Events

Colonels of the Regiment

8th Colonel of the Regiment Nelson B. Sweitzer 9 Jun 1886 – 29 Oct 1888

Sponsors

2d DRAGOONS

This was the third design of the 2d Cavalry DUI, worn from 1924-1931. The sharp points on the ends of the bottom scroll again called for a redesign.

MEMORABILIA

Machine Gun Troop, 2d Cavalry; Adjutant General.

© 2017   Created by Robb Russell.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service