Dragoon Base

Connecting the Troopers of Today with the Veterans of Yesterday.

Guys,

Just picked up this shirt at a local flea Market, what do you all think?  I was told by someone that you guys would wear the brass rank in garrison and the subdue rank in the field, is this true?

anyone know someone named Spec Brandon that was qualified at the 1975 gunnery?

Take care

Ryan

Views: 263

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In Basic in 77 we were issued the Permenent Press greens but I bought one set of 100% cotton fatigues (well starched) for inspections. They gave some kind of award for the best trooper. I,ll never forget this-Sgt. Gary Lilly told me he would kiss my ass if I ever got the award. Well-I did, and he did!

UPDATE on the shirt, it is actually an OD 507 model shirt, and from the little research that I have done so far, it appears the shirt was issued out in 1975.  My apologies, it was early and I did not have my coffee yet when I bought the shirt.

I recall going to the PX in Bamberg in "72  and buying a fatigue shirt that still had the black with yellow lettered U.S.Army and a non button sleeves. My buddy had bought the troop tailor's sewing machine when he retired,so I bought some bright red ribbon and he sewed it around the sleeves and sewed the dress patch of the 2nd Cav,and the Big Red One on the shoulders.Wore this shirt in the barracks on free weekends to party.It became my Lounge shirt.

Yo, Ryan...

70-72 all the brass was subdued as well as all the patches, name tags, etc.

I have a full set of fatiques, greens and blues (plus field jackets, subdued brass, patches, etc.) that have had no home but my attic for the last 40 +/- years.  I even have my issue belt which seems to have shrunk a bit since I put it in the back of my sock drawer so long ago. 

Are you interested in any of this?

I will be over in May for the Regiment's birthday celebration maybe I can slip some of this stuff in my bag.

Chris

I hate when those belts shrink!

Chris was this pre beret?  yes I am very interested!

Thanks

Ryan

RSS

Events

Colonels of the Regiment

8th Colonel of the Regiment Nelson B. Sweitzer 9 Jun 1886 – 29 Oct 1888

Sponsors

2d DRAGOONS

This was the third design of the 2d Cavalry DUI, worn from 1924-1931. The sharp points on the ends of the bottom scroll again called for a redesign.

MEMORABILIA

Machine Gun Troop, 2d Cavalry; Adjutant General.

© 2018   Created by Robb Russell.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service