Dragoon Base

Connecting the Troopers of Today with the Veterans of Yesterday.

.....Trooper Jim Letton, probably our most senior member to date. Jim was with the regiment during WW II and the Constabulary days. He's managed to fight his way across Europe and through the jungle of todays technology to be with us today, March 28, 2009, for the 2nd every few weeks or so 'DRINK A BIER WITH TACOMA DAVE DAY'. Let's give Jim a warm welcome, and a hearty toast to one fine trooper.

'HOOAH!!'

This is Jim with the rest of our regiments WW II veterans who attended the 2006 2d Cavalry Association reunion. Later four of these gentlemen placed this wreath at the Tomb of the Unknowns during a special ceremony.

Left to right: Russ Luppo, C/42; Roy Aldy; Boyd Crawford, C/2; Roy Bertram, B/2; Wendell Young, B/2; Martin Flaherty, H&S/42; Ernie Hawn, F/2; Larry Fransted, H&S/42; Jim Letton, Jr., H&S/42.

Views: 670

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks fellas.  The next one's on me.  Hope to see you in Gettysburg!

Did he know my Platoon Sgt., Clement Ashwell, who I believe drove Sherman Tank through gates of the kaserne sometime in the Spring of 1945 about the same time as my Father Roger S. Rees, LTC, Inf. Ret. was drinking vodka with Russian Officers on the Elbe River. Dick Rees, I Troop,3/2 ACR, M Troop, XO Hqs. Troop OIC M-60 Machine Gun Section, Basic Training CO, Ft. Polk, LA.

I missed this discussion some how but I want to let you know that it is an honor to have you with us. Thank you for your service. God bless you and all your buddies for your service.You truly are a generation of real men and true heroes. Always Ready!

Awesome photo. Thanks for your service to our Country Gentlemen! 

RSS

Events

Colonels of the Regiment

7th Colonel of the Regiment John P. Hatch

26 June 1881 - 9 January 1886

Sponsors

2d DRAGOONS

This was the third design of the 2d Cavalry DUI, worn from 1924-1931. The sharp points on the ends of the bottom scroll again called for a redesign.

MEMORABILIA

Machine Gun Troop, 2d Cavalry; Adjutant General.

© 2017   Created by Robb Russell.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service