Dragoon Base

Connecting the Troopers of Today with the Veterans of Yesterday.

I have a friend of mine in FL named Steve Copening,  who is a jeweler. He was not fortunate enough to have served in THE Regiment, but he did serve in the 82nd.

He has come up with a simple yet elegant sterling silver ring with the crossed sabers of the Cav with the numeral 2 above the sabres, and a Fleur de Lis under them. I've attached a photo of what it will look like.

if anyone is interested in purchasing one, please let me know, and i will either send the info on to Steve, or provide you with his contact info. The price is momentarily at $215 each. Perhaps if we get enough interest generated that can be lowered. Let me know here or at :

themadamericana2@gmail.com

Toujour Pret

Marc Jones

Views: 2660

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Why is it so much easier to find merchandise for many other Army units and not so much for the 2nd Cav..?  Even for other Cav units.. it seems that there is more merchandise available.  

I did a couple of tours with the 101st (why a tank mechanic was sent there still baffles me to this day).. but I can find just about anything for the 101st.

We're a hidden treasure, Bob. That's the only reason I can come up with.

OK..  That's reasonable.. lol

Bobby is correct cav stuff is lame at best, none out there, it would be nice to see more cav things
I think cav rings are cool, I've had a couple and lost them, but I'd be more interested in Cav Coin or border patrol coin

You mean stuff like this, Frank?

This is the coin I carry with me at all times...

Yeah, stuff like that would be really nice to find. closest I have is the belt buckle and stein

Marc, I would be interested in one of the rings, prefer the first design.

Thanks

M.L. Utz

I do like the looks of the ring. The first one is cool, but to me it seems cluttered. The second one, to me, is better as it has the sabers on top with something on either side. Just my two cents worth.

Glen "Red" Green

RSS

Events

Colonels of the Regiment

9th Colonel of the Regiment David R. Clendenin 29 Oct 1888 – 2 Apr 1891

Sponsors

2d DRAGOONS

This was the third design of the 2d Cavalry DUI, worn from 1924-1931. The sharp points on the ends of the bottom scroll again called for a redesign.

MEMORABILIA

Machine Gun Troop, 2d Cavalry; Adjutant General.

© 2019   Created by Dave Gettman.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service