Dragoon Base

Connecting the Troopers of Today with the Veterans of Yesterday.

Hi again fellow Troopers -

Thanks to Dave Gettman's 2010 post we know the 1982 Subaltern Shoot results (thanks Dave) and we also got a picture of the patch via Mike Burke (thanks Mike).

Can anyone tell me what other patches said? We in Delta won best Tank Company thanks to TCs Joe Sellner*, Joe Harten*, Steve Parrish, Brick Miller, etc. --- not to mention Steve Parrish's gunner who is a great guy : )

Anyway, the "basic" patch said "QUALIFIED" which we all got for showing up on the range, but I believe the top winners got "DISTINGUISHED" patches, am I correct?

FWIW I will have these remade for those interested... more on that later.

* = I would be remiss if I did not add that the two Joes commanded three-man M60A3 tanks --- you had to be there in the range tower to appreciate that feat. I still have the Tank Platoon Table IX A from Grafenwöhr scorecard signed by MAJ Simone Aparicio. It's framed in my office.

Views: 209

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey John,

I lived in those towers!  Mostly in the bottom (asleep) and on detail all the stinking time, but I learned how gunnery worked that's for sure.  Don't forget our brother who were neither "Qualifed" or "Distinguished.  There were more than a few "Superior" crews out there too.

RSS

Colonels of the Regiment

8th Colonel of the Regiment Nelson B. Sweitzer 9 Jun 1886 – 29 Oct 1888

Sponsors

2d DRAGOONS

This was the third design of the 2d Cavalry DUI, worn from 1924-1931. The sharp points on the ends of the bottom scroll again called for a redesign.

MEMORABILIA

Machine Gun Troop, 2d Cavalry; Adjutant General.

© 2019   Created by Robb Russell.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service