Dragoon Base

Connecting the Troopers of Today with the Veterans of Yesterday.

Suzanna Gratia-Hupp: What the Second Amendment is REALLY For

Note: I thought some of you may enjoy listening to this.I am amazed at how bored our US Senators were listening to her.

Texas state representative, Suzanna Gratia-Hupp, whose parents were killed by an insane gunman while her gun was out in the car, gives very moving and bold testimony about the REAL reason that the second amendment was designed to protect our God-given right to keep and bear arms.

Views: 17

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am not a gun carrier but I do believe in the 2nd Admendment and she was right on the mark with what she said word for word. One thing the medea does not point out is that 99.9% of the time in these mass shootings, they are in "no Carriy Zones" I.E. Schools, Post office ect... THese are places that the shooter knows that there will be no one there to defend against him/her untit mass casualties have been achieved.
I lived in Texas when the shooting happened where her parents were killed. I remember it very well. It was at a Luby's restaurant and people were afraid to go to other Luby's down there after it happened... She was instrumental in getting the CCW law passed in Texas and has raised awareness on the issue that it is up to us to protect and defend ourselves and our family because by the time LEO's can respond it is usually just to mop up the mess and collect statistics for the crime database. She made a very eloquent and valid fact based argument/speech in this video and the Congressmen's responses simply confirm their blatant disregard for the common individual citizen and our Constitution - especially the Bill of Rights and more so with the second amendment than with anything else. Ms. Gratia-Hupp and the tragic loss of her parents had a lot of influence on me in my decision to get my CCW license and carry mine at all times (where legally allowed). I don't want the one time I choose to leave it in the car be the time I really need it like happened to Suzanna. My 1911 is my first responder! My attitude on this goes back to the Cav days and embodies the spirit of Toujours Pret!
I would have loved to see the faces of the Congressmen when she made the statement about the true and original purpose of the 2nd as intended by our founders when they decided to include it in our Constitution.

RSS

Colonels of the Regiment

7th Colonel of the Regiment John P. Hatch

26 June 1881 - 9 January 1886

Sponsors

2d DRAGOONS

This was the third design of the 2d Cavalry DUI, worn from 1924-1931. The sharp points on the ends of the bottom scroll again called for a redesign.

MEMORABILIA

Machine Gun Troop, 2d Cavalry; Adjutant General.

© 2017   Created by Robb Russell.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service