Dragoon Base

Connecting the Troopers of Today with the Veterans of Yesterday.

" MERRY CHRISTMAS " to all my fellow Troopers who served in Bamberg, no matter the year !

Views: 75

Replies to This Discussion

Making a trip back to Bamberg 12/26 to 12/30.  Taking my wife and one daughter-in-law for her first trip to Germany.  I go to Germany quite a bit for business.  Looking to have some good Bavarian food and beer.  Also will take them to the border to visit the Modlareuth (Little Berlin) museum.  There was a bakery just near the TZP which was a regular stop on patrol which we'll visit.  I walked a good part of the border in our 2/2 sector from the TZP north a few years ago and made a stop at the bakery then too.  The owner went on and on about when the Cav guys would stop in.  Had an old girlfriend in Hof in 1980/82 named Doris Schmidt.  We lost touch years ago, would love to see her, no problem with wife I made a full disclosure LOL.  Doris hung out with the Cav guys at the Alter Bahnhof in Hof, spoke great English.  Any of you guys who were in Hof and were Alter Bahnhof bar regulars after 1982 ever hear of her?  Any other thoughts on things to see and visit in the area, please let me know.

PS, Likewise, Merry Christmas to my Cav border brothers.  We are getting a bit older, hope everyone is doing well.

Merry Xmas to all of you. SP-4 Polli 1961-1964 Scout.

RSS

Colonels of the Regiment

8th Colonel of the Regiment Nelson B. Sweitzer 9 Jun 1886 – 29 Oct 1888

Sponsors

2d DRAGOONS

This was the third design of the 2d Cavalry DUI, worn from 1924-1931. The sharp points on the ends of the bottom scroll again called for a redesign.

MEMORABILIA

Machine Gun Troop, 2d Cavalry; Adjutant General.

© 2018   Created by Robb Russell.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service